“To prosper over time, every company must not only deliver financial performance, but also show how it makes a positive contribution to society.”
“A company's ability to manage environmental, social and governance matters (ESG) demonstrates the leadership and good governance that is so essential to sustainable growth.”
Annual Letter (2020) from Larry Fink, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of BlackRock
Sustainability is a critical aspect
The combination of the various communication and information processing tools available at SUMAQ, whether own or from partners such as Maker, Workiva, Magellan Yates, Intralinks, JM Treiger, RWS and E-xyon, allows Companies to efficiently deal with new critical issues that could affect its Corporate Reputation and its Market Value.
One of the critical points in this process is sustainability. In this sense, the experience of Maker's partners with the fundamental aspects of sustainability, socio-environmental impact and the financial and capital markets adds value to companies and helps them to analyze, in a systemic and transversal way - economic, environmental, social and corporate governance - dissociating them from the usual analysis in isolated silos.
SUMAQ's partnership with Maker Sustainability helps the Company to examine the main elements of ESG in a systemic way, with emphasis on:
- The definition of long-term strategies, based on sustainability scenarios;
- The establishment of socio-environmental governance, based on solid values;
- Establishing robust environmental, social and custody chain management systems;
- Analysis of social and environmental compliance processes;
- Analysis of the relationship and engagement with stakeholders;
- The evaluation of communication practices, considering transparency as its essence and sustainability reports as one of its main elements..
- Integration of Sustainability within the Business Strategy
- Identification and Management of Risks and Opportunities Associated with ESG Practices
- Action Plans and Value Proposition for the Business
- Diagnoses, Policies, Guidelines and Results Indicators
- Governance Systems for Sustainability, Environmental Management, Social Management
- Relationship Processes with the Various Stakeholder Groups
- “Green” Financial Instruments
- Projects and Assessment of Social and Environmental Impacts
- Communication with Stakeholders and the Society, in General